KATALOG 1
zawory pneumatyczne
certyfikacja
zarządzanie jakością
oferty kredytowe
projektowanie stron www
ACT
studio architektoniczne
jura krakowsko-częstochowska
restrukturyzacja przedsiębiorstw
odzież ciążowa
CAMILLE ALBANE
folie do laminowania na gorąco

Home page >




History of the church
:

1840's - 1900
Plans for a New Church
The new Church
Opening of the Church of Our Lady,
Help of Christians and St Aloysius,
17 July 1889
 
The Great War
The Building of Stella Maris School and the new church in Cheriton
Golden Jubilee and Consecration of the Church, 21 June 1939
The Second World War
War time difficulties and problems
 
Post-War reconstruction
The Re-ordering of the Church
after Vatican II
Visit of the Pope to Canterbury
End of the XX Century
 
Centenary Thanksgiving Mass,
16 July 1989
Present day
Priests who have served the Parish
 
Bibliography
The history of the parish is based on the extracts from:

Catholic Folkestone, A Post-Reformation History by Eammon D. Rooney and Dennis Creighton-Davies

Copyright: Roman Catholic Parish of Our Lady, Help of Christians & St. Aloysius, Folkestone

Copies of the booklet may be obtained from:

The Catholic Presbytery
41 Guildhall Street
Folkestone
Kent CT20 1EF
















 

 


Centenary Thanksgiving Mass, 16 July 1989
To celebrate the centenary of the church a number of events were planned for the summer of 1989. The highlight of the festivities to be the celebration of a Thanksgiving Mass by Archbishop Michael Bowen on 16 July. A fund was opened to enable the interior of the church to be re painted and the stone and brickwork of the facade to be cleaned. The work was entrusted to the firm of A. J. Wrigley. Work they had already done was of a high standard and they had a reputation for circumspection and the avoidance of undue disturbance. With this done the building was in prime condition to face the second century of its existence.

Before

Present day